Tips and advice for staying safe and in control:
- Always play at a licenced Casino
- Set budget limits
- Opt-out from promotional materials such as email, SMS and letters
- Protect your children from gambling materials
- When it feels, you are starting to lose control take time out using a cool off or self-exclude
- If you are prone to addiction avoid mobile casino apps
- Contact an organization that can help you with gambling addiction if in need
Please be aware that licenced and rule obeying casinos will allow you to take a cool-off period or a time out.
You can choose how long you would like the cool off period to be from 24h to six weeks.
The cool-off period will block your access for the chosen period of time. If you believe that six weeks might not be enough some casinos may offer you the possibility to self-exclude from a period of a few months to a few years.
If you are or believe you might be struggling with gambling addiction, we recommend you get help and support from one of the following organisations.
Organisations offering advice to individuals suffering from gambling addition are listed below:
The South African Responsible Gambling Foundation (SARGF)
Office Number: +27 11 026 7323
International Number: +27 21 674 5830
Sunnyside Office Park
Building B, 1ST Floor,
32 Sunnyside dr & Carse O’Gowrie,
Consumer Debt Help
Office Number: 086 999 0660
11 Adderley Street
Be gamble aware and be safe!